Thursday, May 29, 2008

Housemates

If only the kettle hadn't boiled over, it was one of thoes silly ones that skrieched at aa high pitch, gradually getting louder, until you switched it off.It wasn't my fault that Jason hadn't bothered to turn it off before he left. Housemates were like that, being lazy and half doing things, especially Jason. It was always left down to me to follow things through.The squealing cut had cut through my slumber, awakening me instantly. I jumped out of bed and ran to turn the stupid thing off.I turned around, out of breath, and felt a squelch, accompanied with a substance seeping through my toes. Dreading to look down, my eyes wandered in that direction. There under foot, lay a brow, mushy, warm object."Santa!", I yelled at the top of my lungs.That ungodly dog had come through the open doorway when Jason had left. Walking to the doorway, I could see the ashamed dog cowering in behind the compost bin, looking out at me.'Dumb Dog...' I muttered, shaking my fist at him.I didn't like dogs much anyway, have always preferred cats. More composed and stylish

No comments: