Thursday, May 29, 2008

Formal

The wind was slightly blowing through my straight hair. I'm at the top of Point Danger, where you can see forever. A smirk creeps across my face.The cold metal of the bench sends shivers down my spine. In the far off distance are the waves crashing against the beach. A few surfers are dotted along the shoreline, waiting for the perfect wave.My formal dress flows around me, the silk sliding over my legs. I can feel my electric blue headband against my back, comforting my nerves of anticipation of the night to come.Dad is standing beside my, camera poised up to his eyes. He loves that camera, he claims that it only takes good photographs. I hear it clicking away. Looking at the camera, I smile and look away. The timely noise amuses me.My mind drifts somewhere else, the smell of the salty wind grabs my attention back to the present.Craig comes back and sits beside me, again the flickering of the flash continues. I tell dad that the flash doesn't need to be on, as the sun hasn't set. The constantly bright flahing light is blinding me, slowly anyhow.Looking behind me, the sun goes behind a cloud, making an orange solour fill the sky. The horizon is a red colour, whereas further away, is a precious purple.

No comments: